Dependent Permit

A dependent’s permit is an occupation permit issued to a spouse (or partner of the opposite sex) and children, including adopted or foster children under the age of 24.

The dependent permit is mandatory attached to an existing residence permit, whether it is a self-employed permit, an investor’s permit or a retired permit.

Note that adult dependents wishing to work will need to apply for a permit. In the case of a hiring, the request for a work permit will come from the employer. In the case of an entrepreneurship, an application for an investor permit or a self-employed permit will have to be submitted.

Each dependent person makes an application to the Economic Development Board (formerly BOI). The duration granted is the same as that of the holder of the occupation permit or retired permit.

The first application at 200 €
Other dependents are offered
Any Questions? Contact us now